Skip to main content

Let me introduce you to.......

Lets go on a journey..
This one will mean that you have to come back as I am creating this one as we go.
Just a bit of pulling together scattered thoughts right now and getting serious about compiling some of the knowledge that I have learnt along the way.




Chapter One - Introduction
I am gathering that because you have picked up this little thread because you have an interest in ghosts right?
Of course you do!
Most of us have been bought up of a diet of horror movies and ghost stories and now that we have You Tube and the internet you can while away the hours looking at dodgy photo shopped ghost photos and amateur investigative teams ghost videos to your heart’s content.



Believe me – you are not the only guilty one – so have I.
But what is real and what is faked?
That's the million dollar question.
Some are incredibly real at first glance.
Personally, I load everything that I have not seen with my own eyes or felt with my own goosy hair standing on end skin into the “I’m just not sure” basket.
Having an experience is such a subjective thing.
It is only through personal experiences, or lack of, that we make our minds up on what we are prepared to believe or don’t.
Often it will take something quite monumental to shake our belief tree and get us to ponder another way of looking at something that just happened which we would consider beyond normal.
I have certainly come across those individuals that will not be swayed on their beliefs on demons, orbs or aliens for example no matter how strong the evidence to the contrary might be regarding their personal experiences - but this is not about telling you what I think is right or wrong or faked or real.
Goodness I have been proven wrong on so many occasions! I prefer not to be an expert - thats just too much pressure.
For me its all about the chase, the hope and desire for the next great paranormal experience.
I am open to having the crap scared out of me as long as I can benefit out if it in some way. As long as my knowledge is extended by that next encounter, that next piece in my own personal puzzle, I will keep this madness going.
To me the world is a never ending place of mystery and marvel and I am so glad that I am on this particular journey and have been for the part 50 years.
The best is yet to come!


                                                  This show used to give me nightmares!!

What I would like to do is introduce you to some current and old fashioned information about ghosts, apparitions, spectres or whatever you might like to call them. To those who are venturing here for the first time then...this might be all new to you.
For those seasoned and maybe somewhat jaded fellow ghost watchers there may be a little bit here to interest you but you may also fine me covering the same old ground. Do not despair! 
In my old counseling days I was taught that listening to other people's opinion can actually consolidate and strengthen your own whether it be for or against a particular subject.
So if I annoy you enough it will mean that you will go out and find your own truth and I really like that idea - you certainly dont have to believe in mine.
Like I have said though, you can learn something new from just about everybody so hang on to your hats for “A Cosmic Journey contemplating the Facts about Ghosts thus far According to No One in Particular but Everyone in General” BOOK 1.

( more to come - give me time, great geniuses need space!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diary of a Ghost Hunter - The Wallacia Hotel

  We were given the opportunity of staying overnight at the Wallachia Hotel in Western Sydney. The hotelwas officially opened on December 3rd 1937. During the Second World War the hotel was used as the Army headquarters for radiopyhysics. I had never been to the Wallacia Hotel before, but, my ghost hunting gal pal Anne, had been there about 5 years ago with a group of Paranormal Investigators that she was working with at the time. We arrived and we were greeted by Craig, the night manager, who welcomed us with open arms.  Craig recognised Anne from the last time she had visited.  Anne asked whether any spooky things had been happening over the last few years. Craig said that he always thought that there was something a little bit weird going on late at night. Over the last few months everything had changed as the Hotel had been very much affected by the COVID lock downs This was a huge hotel with quite an interesting history even though in the whole scheme of things the hotel was only

Lemon Tree Passage Ghost - Local legend is alive and well

Lemon Tree Passage  is a suburb of the Port Stephens local government area in the Hunter Region of New South Wales, Australia, located at the end of the Tilligerry Peninsula and surrounded by the waters of beautiful Port Stephens .  Ever since I can remember there have been a few urban legends about a stretch of highway named Lemon Tree Passage Road. The story begins when a motor bike rider and his pillion passenger died after colliding with a four wheel drive killing both. This seems to be the source of the ghostly lights and apparition. These sort of events don't stay quiet in small townships. Stories spread fast often not ending up like they started. Every so often this urban legend makes a comeback with a number to people tempting fate and poking the ghost rider.             A memorial to Dale Dickens on the Lemon Tree Passage Road / Pic: Robert Mckell Source:The Daily Telegraph The  Lemon Tree Passage ghost  first made headlines in 2010 after drivers cau

Diary of a Ghost Hunter - Lochinvar House in the Hunter Valley NSW

 I have just spent a weekend at the historic homestead - Lochinvar House, just outside of Lochinvar in the NSW Hunter Valley. This was, for me, a team bonding opportunity and a chance to get away from worries associated with Covid. It was also where members of my ghost hunting volunteers got to head onto this site before we invited in the public, to check out the stories of ghosts and alleged hauntings. Now, as usual, not all historic houses are haunted. And even more intriguing, it seems that not all historic houses are haunted for all the families that live therein. Many times I have heard this - one family may experience seeing and hearing strange things happening at all hours of the day and night. Yet, another family will move in and.....nothing! And so it is.. Why is it like this? I don't know. Do the ghosts pick us? Lochinvar House was built back in the late 1820's by Leslie Duguid who was granted a enormous amount of land in 1822. He was one of the first land owners in N