Skip to main content

A Haunted Life - chasing my own ghosts

Today is my birthday.
I am 59 years old.

I am proud to have reached this milestone with my sanity mostly intact.
There where certainly times when I thought I had lost it completely and my own silliness led me down pathways that I regret, in hindsight.


But...this path is what it is.

It has been filled with ghosts.

Mostly of my choosing.

Strange, that most haunted people will tell you that they would wish otherwise.
They long for their nightmares to just go away.



Yet I have spent my life trying to work out who these energies are and why they have been around steadily pushing me in one direction as I mostly screamed and pushed in another.

The ghosts I have struggled with most are remnants of the terrors I inherited from my parents.

They are the manifestations of fear so deeply ingrained into their psyches through a war they barely survived which then became my nightmares.

These creatures, so awful and so dark, plagued my mind as a child, becoming so real that I had no words to describe them.
Just screams.



They have been with me always - but slowly I have learned to heal them through listening to what they have tried to say to me.

Since then, I can say, that no ghost terrifies me any more.

No darkness, no fear can be more frightening than what I have already seen inside my head and with my own heart.

I choose to be empathetic to such spirits.

I no longer feel the need to banish, move on or be rid of those ghosties that cause trouble or are frightening.

I long to learn about them, and ask, "Why are you so? What has driven you to this point to not accept peace as an option?"
Whose terror are they reinforcing?
Theirs?
Or our own?





I know they have a story to tell and that more often that not they are here because her have invited them in to teach us more about ourselves.

Once the fear goes - the lesson starts.

This has come with long years of study and suffering on my part.

This is not a task to be taken lightly by anyone who has not journeyed down the deep, dark path of their own soul and understood what they have seen.

It has taken me until I reached this ripe fruitful age to understand completely (and yet not so).

For the more I think I know - the more is slowly revealed.

Oh, how I wish I was right here right now but 20 years younger!!

But I am so grateful that I am well, strong and am finally living MY LIFE - filled with my ghosts and I just keep adding to them with total commitment.

My life would not be complete without my ghosts, without searching for the next piece of the puzzle, without a day of learning about the worlds that many do not care for, or dis-believe in.

That's OK - they don't have to.

I though, choose to believe in all of the unseen as I witnessed it all from the moment of my birth.

It has taken me my whole lifetime to embrace it all lovingly and passionately.

There is so much to experience - do not hesitate to be a part of it.

Let the naysayers have their thoughts.

and ideas on how the world turns.

We, in our quite moments, will close our eyes and know in our hearts that we know better and we shall continue to talk to our ghosts for they need us and we need them.






Comments

  1. So eloquently written. We all have our own ghosts. Of that I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful written Renata, deeply personal, and profoundly honourable. Ghosts within us, ghosts with out us, nothing to fear bu the fear itself, at which point, embracing, conversing and understanding are good key points to accepting. Much love. xox

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Diary of a Ghost Hunter - The Wallacia Hotel

  We were given the opportunity of staying overnight at the Wallachia Hotel in Western Sydney. The hotelwas officially opened on December 3rd 1937. During the Second World War the hotel was used as the Army headquarters for radiopyhysics. I had never been to the Wallacia Hotel before, but, my ghost hunting gal pal Anne, had been there about 5 years ago with a group of Paranormal Investigators that she was working with at the time. We arrived and we were greeted by Craig, the night manager, who welcomed us with open arms.  Craig recognised Anne from the last time she had visited.  Anne asked whether any spooky things had been happening over the last few years. Craig said that he always thought that there was something a little bit weird going on late at night. Over the last few months everything had changed as the Hotel had been very much affected by the COVID lock downs This was a huge hotel with quite an interesting history even though in the whole scheme of things the hotel was only

Lemon Tree Passage Ghost - Local legend is alive and well

Lemon Tree Passage  is a suburb of the Port Stephens local government area in the Hunter Region of New South Wales, Australia, located at the end of the Tilligerry Peninsula and surrounded by the waters of beautiful Port Stephens .  Ever since I can remember there have been a few urban legends about a stretch of highway named Lemon Tree Passage Road. The story begins when a motor bike rider and his pillion passenger died after colliding with a four wheel drive killing both. This seems to be the source of the ghostly lights and apparition. These sort of events don't stay quiet in small townships. Stories spread fast often not ending up like they started. Every so often this urban legend makes a comeback with a number to people tempting fate and poking the ghost rider.             A memorial to Dale Dickens on the Lemon Tree Passage Road / Pic: Robert Mckell Source:The Daily Telegraph The  Lemon Tree Passage ghost  first made headlines in 2010 after drivers cau

Diary of a Ghost Hunter - Lochinvar House in the Hunter Valley NSW

 I have just spent a weekend at the historic homestead - Lochinvar House, just outside of Lochinvar in the NSW Hunter Valley. This was, for me, a team bonding opportunity and a chance to get away from worries associated with Covid. It was also where members of my ghost hunting volunteers got to head onto this site before we invited in the public, to check out the stories of ghosts and alleged hauntings. Now, as usual, not all historic houses are haunted. And even more intriguing, it seems that not all historic houses are haunted for all the families that live therein. Many times I have heard this - one family may experience seeing and hearing strange things happening at all hours of the day and night. Yet, another family will move in and.....nothing! And so it is.. Why is it like this? I don't know. Do the ghosts pick us? Lochinvar House was built back in the late 1820's by Leslie Duguid who was granted a enormous amount of land in 1822. He was one of the first land owners in N