Skip to main content

The Elephant in the Room - Covid 19

Well here we are!
To say that I have been stopped dead in the water is an understatement.
To say that I am giving in is the total opposite of what is truly happening.

So many things that have been worked on in secret in the background can now have their time in the spot light and it's funny how, for me, even though there is now virtually no money coming in from tours, I am being given space to be creative and to think outside the square or haunted house.


EVENT CANCELLED has been the Mantra of the last week.
I run a business that relies on sites being open.
I provide Ghost Tours and Paranormal Investigations.
When those sites are closed due to Corona Virus, I do not have much else I can do.


Isaac Butterfield did us the great service of bringing a team of people and hosts to film a small documentary at Maitland Gaol  - telling the story of it's history of hauntings and legends.

So, in the darkness of all of the event cancellations we have just had a wonderful You Tube Video drop this week ~
Check it out here:

Locked in Satan's Cell

I have to say I was awfully impressed with the result and so chuffed that Iassac's You Tube channel  has hit over 70k views of that video and rising.

I know we have done a good job because we have been called 'frauds', that we are 'faking the evidence', that we are 'old hags' (referring to my co-crime fighter Anne Rzechowicz from Oz Para Tech), tour guides sensationalising things, and mad aunts on steroids!!!

That last one... I just love by the way.

There has also been an interview with a journalist for a major women's magazine - but I'm not holding my breath for that one coming out any time soon, because, the world has bigger issues to sensationalise right now. But hey - who knows!

The thing about this is that there are options, for me at least, to concentrate on - and it is a forced concentration. I am being made to stand still and look hard at what I am currently doing.

I will be working on online workshops and mini master classes on ghost hunting basics.
I'll do some lone live streams from haunted sites that are available to at least keep my face in front of the followers.

It is easy to get lost in this chaos right now and I am scrambling to find ways to make a few extra dollars as we are really doing it tough.

But so is everyone else.

I am not complaining. I am just stating how it is.

I've cancelled over 20 events, including weekend events in Tasmania and Western Australia and, of course, our much anticipated trip to America in May is not going ahead.

I am safe though, and have loads of time to do great content for this blog, for You Tube and for our Podcast.

Podcast is here :
Our latest is all about J Ward at Aradale Asylum in Victoria



Frightfully Good Podcast - J Ward

So I make do and make content.
I do not want to lose you - please stay and play and chat and engage.
That's how you can give all of our businesses hope through this tough period.

Much Love to you.
Renata








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diary of a Ghost Hunter - The Wallacia Hotel

  We were given the opportunity of staying overnight at the Wallachia Hotel in Western Sydney. The hotelwas officially opened on December 3rd 1937. During the Second World War the hotel was used as the Army headquarters for radiopyhysics. I had never been to the Wallacia Hotel before, but, my ghost hunting gal pal Anne, had been there about 5 years ago with a group of Paranormal Investigators that she was working with at the time. We arrived and we were greeted by Craig, the night manager, who welcomed us with open arms.  Craig recognised Anne from the last time she had visited.  Anne asked whether any spooky things had been happening over the last few years. Craig said that he always thought that there was something a little bit weird going on late at night. Over the last few months everything had changed as the Hotel had been very much affected by the COVID lock downs This was a huge hotel with quite an interesting history even though in the whole scheme of things the hotel was only

Lemon Tree Passage Ghost - Local legend is alive and well

Lemon Tree Passage  is a suburb of the Port Stephens local government area in the Hunter Region of New South Wales, Australia, located at the end of the Tilligerry Peninsula and surrounded by the waters of beautiful Port Stephens .  Ever since I can remember there have been a few urban legends about a stretch of highway named Lemon Tree Passage Road. The story begins when a motor bike rider and his pillion passenger died after colliding with a four wheel drive killing both. This seems to be the source of the ghostly lights and apparition. These sort of events don't stay quiet in small townships. Stories spread fast often not ending up like they started. Every so often this urban legend makes a comeback with a number to people tempting fate and poking the ghost rider.             A memorial to Dale Dickens on the Lemon Tree Passage Road / Pic: Robert Mckell Source:The Daily Telegraph The  Lemon Tree Passage ghost  first made headlines in 2010 after drivers cau

Diary of a Ghost Hunter - Lochinvar House in the Hunter Valley NSW

 I have just spent a weekend at the historic homestead - Lochinvar House, just outside of Lochinvar in the NSW Hunter Valley. This was, for me, a team bonding opportunity and a chance to get away from worries associated with Covid. It was also where members of my ghost hunting volunteers got to head onto this site before we invited in the public, to check out the stories of ghosts and alleged hauntings. Now, as usual, not all historic houses are haunted. And even more intriguing, it seems that not all historic houses are haunted for all the families that live therein. Many times I have heard this - one family may experience seeing and hearing strange things happening at all hours of the day and night. Yet, another family will move in and.....nothing! And so it is.. Why is it like this? I don't know. Do the ghosts pick us? Lochinvar House was built back in the late 1820's by Leslie Duguid who was granted a enormous amount of land in 1822. He was one of the first land owners in N