Skip to main content

I am a nervous flyer - here are some crystals that help soothe my anxiety

 



In two days I am boarding a plane and heading from Sydney Australia to Ireland. That is one long trip!

I have to constantly make sure that I do not focus on the fact that I am sitting in a big tin can high up in the sky so I do not get too claustrophobic.

I try to watch a movie or sleep, and, as I have a very busy life I finally allow myself to sit in gratitude and be thankful that I am travelling, but also, that whilst I am on that plane, I really do not have to do anything.

I can just sit back.

So much pressure just disappears.

I cannot lie, I sometimes will use tablets to help relieve stress and anxiety, especially if there is turbulence and that isn't very often. But, as I get vertigo, I cannot afford to lose my composure or it’s not going to be pretty.

Do I carry some crystals with me?

Yes I do!




I use them as touch stones so that if I need to, I can roll them between my fingers to calm my nerves.

I often also wear a crystal bracelet or two and I start keeping them close by 24 hours before my flight. I will pop one or two crystals in my pocket and take them with me during the day, or will place them in my pillow case so that I can sleep on them the night before the flight.

This is preparing me and my mind by creating a settled mindset. I tell myself that, “I’ve got this”.

When it comes to choosing crystals to carry for anxiety on a plane, there are several options that can help promote a sense of calm and relaxation. Here are five crystals that I often recommend for anxiety:

Amethyst: Known for its calming and soothing properties, amethyst can help reduce stress, anxiety, and promote relaxation. It is also believed to provide a sense of protection. This is always my favourite crystal.

Lepidolite: This crystal is known for its calming and balancing energy. It is often used to reduce anxiety, alleviate stress, and promote emotional well-being. It’s hues of blue and purple are just so pretty and I actually like to wear this stone as a necklace.

Blue Lace Agate: This crystal is associated with tranquility and calmness. It can help soothe anxiety and promote a sense of inner peace. Blue lace agate is also known for its gentle energy. It is such a beautiful blue colour and great for focusing on.

Rose Quartz: This crystal is often referred to as the stone of love and compassion. It can help create a sense of emotional balance, relieve stress, and promote feelings of peace and tranquility. It’s a good one to always have in your crystal collection but I guess it’s not the one I would choose first.

Black Tourmaline: This crystal is believed to have grounding and protective properties. It can help absorb negative energies, reduce anxiety, and create a sense of stability. I wear a lot of black so I have a lot of tourmaline rings set in silver.

I hope this has helped you if are going to be travelling and maybe have never tried taking a few crystals with you to help calm you down. I’m already charging mine and my choices for this journey are amethyst and blue lace agate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diary of a Ghost Hunter - The Wallacia Hotel

  We were given the opportunity of staying overnight at the Wallachia Hotel in Western Sydney. The hotelwas officially opened on December 3rd 1937. During the Second World War the hotel was used as the Army headquarters for radiopyhysics. I had never been to the Wallacia Hotel before, but, my ghost hunting gal pal Anne, had been there about 5 years ago with a group of Paranormal Investigators that she was working with at the time. We arrived and we were greeted by Craig, the night manager, who welcomed us with open arms.  Craig recognised Anne from the last time she had visited.  Anne asked whether any spooky things had been happening over the last few years. Craig said that he always thought that there was something a little bit weird going on late at night. Over the last few months everything had changed as the Hotel had been very much affected by the COVID lock downs This was a huge hotel with quite an interesting history even though in the whole scheme of things the hotel was only

Lemon Tree Passage Ghost - Local legend is alive and well

Lemon Tree Passage  is a suburb of the Port Stephens local government area in the Hunter Region of New South Wales, Australia, located at the end of the Tilligerry Peninsula and surrounded by the waters of beautiful Port Stephens .  Ever since I can remember there have been a few urban legends about a stretch of highway named Lemon Tree Passage Road. The story begins when a motor bike rider and his pillion passenger died after colliding with a four wheel drive killing both. This seems to be the source of the ghostly lights and apparition. These sort of events don't stay quiet in small townships. Stories spread fast often not ending up like they started. Every so often this urban legend makes a comeback with a number to people tempting fate and poking the ghost rider.             A memorial to Dale Dickens on the Lemon Tree Passage Road / Pic: Robert Mckell Source:The Daily Telegraph The  Lemon Tree Passage ghost  first made headlines in 2010 after drivers cau

Diary of a Ghost Hunter - Lochinvar House in the Hunter Valley NSW

 I have just spent a weekend at the historic homestead - Lochinvar House, just outside of Lochinvar in the NSW Hunter Valley. This was, for me, a team bonding opportunity and a chance to get away from worries associated with Covid. It was also where members of my ghost hunting volunteers got to head onto this site before we invited in the public, to check out the stories of ghosts and alleged hauntings. Now, as usual, not all historic houses are haunted. And even more intriguing, it seems that not all historic houses are haunted for all the families that live therein. Many times I have heard this - one family may experience seeing and hearing strange things happening at all hours of the day and night. Yet, another family will move in and.....nothing! And so it is.. Why is it like this? I don't know. Do the ghosts pick us? Lochinvar House was built back in the late 1820's by Leslie Duguid who was granted a enormous amount of land in 1822. He was one of the first land owners in N